Blog Archive

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Six Up

I was out in the middle of nowhere last winter and as I looked up over the desert hills to these craggy mountains, I could just imagine the stage barreling around the bend. The harnesses and reins were a challenge as were the many hooves in soft, dusty dirt. When I first started I only had four horses but decided that was dumb; if I were taking the stage from San Manuel to Benson, even today, I'd want six lusty horses pulling their weight! Out there, you can't be sure just what's waiting for you around the corner. I do wish I could paint faster. I'm so slow and messy; I can and often do paint with anything in sight, including my fingers. I did have fun, though, with this painting. My next one is already on the easel. I would like to do 2-4 per month. Possible?

No comments: